Friday, February 17, 2012

I have a dream


I have a dream...

I dream that salespeople will no longer feel anxious about hitting quota. I dream that salespeople will know exactly what is expected of them, and that they will feel confident that they can perform well.

I dream that salespeople and sales managers everywhere will have access to data which will allow them to accurately predict closings. That they will hold trainings and make changes based on the projected future instead of the unchangeable past.

I dream that salespeople and sales managers will seek out continuous improvement. That they will manage their activities as the most efficient manufacturers manage their factories. That they will be able to identify bottlenecks, areas of excessive waste, low input volume, so that they might create a lean selling organization with as little opportunity loss as possible.

I dream that salespeoples' lives will be simplified, that all unnecessary variability will be eliminated from their day, and that they might have a clear understanding of what to do and how to do it. When increased quotas are met not with panic, but with a spirit of confident determination.

I dream of a day when salespeople aren't only successful, but consciously so. When they know why they are prosperous, when they understand and dominate every step of the sales process. When they can visually see their improvement over time and draw strength from knowing that they are great.

I dream of a day when success is democratized. When leaders and salespeople alike work to expand and fill each salesperson's potential. When the tendency to oscillate between panic and pressure becomes an effort to work in a confident, consistent, and continuously improving method.

I dream of a day when the nebulous world of sales becomes a simple, comprehensible job and allows salespeople to focus their attention on what they do best - save the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment